Monday, July 25, 2011

For Myself

When I first thought of starting my own blog, to be honest, I didn't know what "type" I wanted to have.  Food is obviously one of my favorite things, but I feel like that would get boring only talking about what I ate for the day, every day. Then I thought about exercise. I love to do it, but am no way a Fitnessista like Gina. Scratch that off the list. Then college came to mind. I am going to be a freshman, in a whole new environment, living with a complete stranger, while trying to live a healthy vegetarian lifestyle like I do at home. I liked where I was going... But then food came back into my mind, and exercise and I thought to myself, why not just do all three. I liked that idea.

I've thought long and hard whether to even keep this blog or just delete it. For many months I couldn't wait to start my own blog. Then, when I finally did, I realized it took a lot of work. Designing it, typing up posts, taking pictures of everything, etc. And then there's that one thing, oh yeah, you sort of want to have people read what your writing. I never really thought about how people would find my blog and start reading it. I know I have only had this blog for about a week, but I guess I was started to get discouraged that not many people were reading my blog. Okay, maybe only my sister was reading it. But hey, that's at least one reader! Then it hit me.

I don't have to have people read it. I mean I would love to have people find my blog and like what I write, but that's not why I started this. I started this for myself. To have a reason to take pictures of "pretty" food. To write about how excited I am to go to California for the first time. And most importantly, to document my journeys and life during college. With life being so busy all the time, it's hard to remember what you did a few days ago, let alone years. 


So that's my decision. I am keeping my little blog. I am going to write about food. I am going to write about exercise. I am going to write about school. And I'll probably even write about Taylor Swift (and how I am going to meet her someday;). But hey, that's just me. I may still not know the "style" of my writing, but I have a feeling I'll figure it out. If I still have this blog in five years (I hope I will!) and still only have one reader who happens to be related to me, that's okay. At least I know I will have the memories to look back on and remember why I started it in the first place.

Peace and Love,


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment